Changes don’t happen overnight ...
Top 7 Time Management Strategies
The secret to managing time successfully is being able to manage yourself. This may be the hardest part. In order to successfully manage time there are strategies which you can use to stay more in control and relieve stress which plays a big factor in successful time management.
- Doing too much – Time is running fast and in today’s busy world many people want things done yesterday and this only leads to rushing around and not doing a task properly, it also leads to mistakes and half-finished work with no real feeling of having accomplished anything with your time.
- A lack of priorities – this is the single biggest cause of time wasting, in order to successfully manage time we have to know exactly what our priorities are for the day, by not prioritizing we spend too much time on the minor things and not enough time on the important ones.
- Interruptions – We cannot really avoid those sometimes, and other times they are really welcomed. Knowing how to successfully deal with interruptions in your daily life is essential to time management.
- Procrastination – Thinking about what you have to do instead of actually getting on and doing it is one of the biggest time wasters in your day, reduce the amount of time that you spend thinking about it. Plan it instead and this leaves you more time for doing.
- Learn to say “no” - many of us just cannot say the words “no” when asked if we mind doing something, this is usually out of fear of upsetting the other person, but if you are taking on the responsibilities of others then you are taking time away from your own workload or tasks and essentially robbing yourself of that precious time which leads to stressing you out.
- Clutter – look around your desk or workspace, do you know where everything is? If you are asked for a file can you lay your hands on it or do you have to go rummaging to find it?, a cluttered desk or workspace is a time waster.
- Avoid multi-tasking – starting many different projects at the same time is not a very efficient way of managing time, try to complete one project before starting out on another, this gives you the satisfaction of seeing the project complete and knowing you have accomplished something with your time.
Changes don’t happen overnight
Remember when making a decision, no decision is right or wrong, decisions are merely making a choice among alternatives. Any changes that you make are going to require time and effort on your part; they won’t happen overnight simply because you want to change. You must set your mind to devoting your efforts to what you want to change and develop and focus on them until you get there.
If you work hard on your job, you make a living.
This is to YOUR Success!
If you work hard on yourself, you can make a fortune. ~ Jim Rohn
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share if you want.